Wednesday, 15 April 2015

Tips&Tricks: Revision

Hey guys! Apologies about the lack of blog posts up recently, I've been busy revising for my GCSE's and I thought perhaps some of you guys are about to do exams too. So I thought I'd give you some of my personal tips&tricks for revising! These may not work for everyone but they work for me and this is how I've been revising so far so don't just rely on these initially, try out different ways to see what works best.
Tip 1:
 Instead of just reading over your boring old books or sheets, write down your key points or shortened points on bright card or paper. By using brightly coloured paper and even pens, your more likely to read through them because they're more 'attractive' and also they stand out so in the exam you'll remember the colours and the key point. By shortening you points also helps remember them because you can remember things i bullet points rather than chunks of writing.
Tip 2:
Pin or stick these note cards onto the wall so that whilst your just sitting around doing nothing you can look at the wall and read through them. Even if it's just 5 minutes, it will begin to stick in your head and you will remember the points.. Plus, your brain focuses more when learning in short periods of time rather than hours of revision!
Tip 3:
I know previously I said ditch the books however, subjects like science are hard to write notes for because there is so much so a really good resource to use are CGP books which you can buy online and these basically have everything you need to know in but in quite a basic form so you are able to have all your revision notes in one book. I've been using to read through and try and learn each section, any I don't understand I then go over again until I do understand it. You can get these books for every subject so I'd suggest looking into them!
Tip 4:
Try making a study timetable, even if you only do an hour revision somedays it's better than none. If you search online there'll be loads of templates for this so just print one off and then fill it but remember to keep time for resting or  just chilling. Over doing yourself won't help because you'll end up working your brain too much and after a certain time it just won't 'stick' anymore.  Doing slots of 30 minutes followed by a 5 minute break will help so that you can take in what you've just learnt and give your brain a rest.

Tip 5:
Keep a healthy mind space! Make sure you get plenty of sleep, eat well and stay hydrated. All these help your brain to function properly which is key when revising. Also, be organised so you know where all your revision stuff, the last thing you want is to be trying to find notes you made hours before an exam!

Tip 6:
Finally, pick a good place to revise! I like revising in bed because it's comforting and I find it more relaxing to do it here. Also, it keeps me calm because exams are the complete opposite! However, some people find it better to revise at a table or desk because it helps them focus or some people prefer moving whilst they revise for different subjects because then each subjects can be related to that movement when your in the exam which helps you remember! The trick is to trick your brain into learning things that you will recall in the exam!!

Overall, revising isn't the best thing but it's necessary if your wanting great results, even the cleverest people don't just have it come natural to them, they have to work hard! The last thing you want to do is over do it so give yourself time and still allow yourself to go out with friends. But overall, don't stress yourself out! Your exams will go fine if you just keep a steady mind!
Hopefully, you've found this helpful because these are my tips to help you all do amazing. If you would like me to do some more Tips&Tricks like perhaps one for the exam then let me know. I could do beauty ones, hair ones ect too, not just school related!!
Thankyou for reading..
Where to find me

















Love Liv xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment