Sunday, 1 March 2015

Best Dressed Of The Week!

Hey guys! This week has definitely been a huge one for fashion, there's been fashion week going on, the Oscars, the Elle Style Awards and the Brits. Due to all these huge events, I thought this week I would give a few of my favourite outfits from the past week and who I thought was best dressed! These are simply my opinion on who I thought looked the best, obviously some people will have different sense of styles.

The Oscars:

So first up is the Oscars, my 5 favourite looks from the Oscars were: Giuliana Rancic, Anna Kendrick, Dakota Johnson, Jennifer Lopez and Emma Stone.
 I love this bold red gown with a lace overlay and mesh panel at the top. I think the colour and bodycon shape with a mermaid-esque bottom suits Guilliana so much, she looks a million dollars.

 Anna kept her look sophisticated and girly with a light peach flowing dress. The simple cut out and halter neck add detail to the dress but still keeps it classy, it works so well with her whole look.

 This dress looks so simple but the colour alone is show-stopping. Dakota works the dress so well and I love the shimmer off the one strap shoulder.

 Jennifer Lopez worked this huge ball gown. Even though it has a big skirt, the simple colour adds elegance and the gold glitter makes it even more wowing, if that's a word!

Finally, we have Emma Stone who definitely took a risk in this lime green piece but she owns it. The colour really suits her and the beading gives the dress a 1920's feel which I love and I think she suits really well! 

Elle Style Awards:

The Elle Style Awards are, as the title suggests, all about style and fashion so it's no surprise that everyone there looked amazing but my 4 favourites were: Daisy Lowe, Cara Delevigne, Abbey Clancy and Jourdan Dunn.
Daisy Lowe looks incredible in this all black dress with a mesh overlay.  Even though it is all black and quite simple, it looks stunning on her and I really like it.

Then we have miss Cara Delevigne in another all black number but her is a full length gown. The low neck line gives Cara an amazing figure and it just looks incredible, especially with the simple sparkle from her necklace and the bright red lip.

This dress reminds me of the 80's with the white underlay dress and the patterned fish net over it. I love the monochrome look and I think it really suits Abbey. You can't even tell she's pregnant because she looks so incredible.

And last up we have Jourdan Dunn in another black dress, obviously I am loving the darkness! Jourdan looks so sexy in this fitted but sliced dress. The cut outs around the top and the slit just look incredible but the back keeps it looking sophisticated and classy.

The Brits:

I am a huge fan of the Brits because it shows off how talented Britain really is, but I also love how it shows off the amazing women of Britain and their style. My 4 favourite looks were: Rita Ora, Fearne Cotton, Holly Willoughby and Ellie Goulding.

Recently, I have been loving Rita Ora and she did not fail to impress at the Brits. This semi sheer, golden beaded playsuit looked incredible on Rita. Even though it is a playsuit, you cannot tell because of the extra panel of material which gives it a dress look, amazing I think!

Fearne Cotton looked amazing in this babydoll dress with beading detail. I love the simplicity of the style but intricate detailing, and the shoes go so well with it. You wouldn't think she was pregnant!

This dress is one of my favourites, I love the coloured detailing over the black and the cut-out edging at the bottom. Holly really suits the structured looking, high-neck top too because it highlights her assets!

Lastly, we have Ellie Goulding who looks like an angel! I think the see through panelling with the lace-essque detail over makes the dress look more modern whilst the free flowing bottom makes it look more conservative but the two together work so well.  I love it!

And they are my top outfit picks from the week. I can't even pick a favourite because I love them all but if I had to pick an event I'd say the Oscars had the best dressed women! I probably could have dedicated a whole post to that alone but I wanted to do them all together. 
If you enjoyed this different style post from me then please let me know and I'll be sure to do more.
Thankyou for reading..
Where to find me

















Love Liv xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment