Sunday, 15 February 2015

Lip Lacquer Swatches

Hey Guys! Last week I done a haul from Makeup Revolution which you can read here and in it I said I would do a separate post with swatches and a review of the Lava Lips so here is that post! 
So there are 5 different shades ranging from nude to red. The formula is quite thick but they're not too sticky, they are extremely pigmented though! All the photos in this post are just one layer of the lacquer so you could easily layer it for a more intense look. They are really similar to the Too Faced Melted Lacquers but more affordable and there aren't as many colours. The only thing I don't like about these is the fact the shade number/name is not on the actual product.
Sorry for the poor quality photo, this is without the flash
And this is with the flash on
So as you can see the colours are really pigmented and look more like a lipstick rather than a lipgloss. Even though there are only 5 colours, they are quite varied shades. Some are more wearable than others but I do love all 5 colours!

I know many people hate this type of applicator for hygiene reasons as it is like a small sponge on the end of the lip lacquer but I prefer it as  I find it a lot easier to apply the colour and it distributes the colour evenly instead of too much coming out at once  

First up we have 'Forgiven; which is nude with brown undertones. This is probably my favourite of the shades because I love this colour. It is like a glossy version of MAC's Velvet Teddy.

Then we have 'Firestorm' which is like a deep red with pink undertones. I think this is a gorgeous colour for Autumn Winter if you don't want to go for a berry but you also don't want a bright red.

Next is 'Unleash' which is a really summery shade. It is a bright coral orange and I'd imagine this would look gorgeous on tanned skin in the summer or on holiday!

Then we have 'Shockwave' which is bright purpley pink with blue undertones. This colour reminds me of MAC's Amplified but more pink.

Finally, we have 'Tremor' which is like baby everyday pink colour. This is probably the most wearable out of the shades as it would go with anything.

And that is them all, I really like these lip lacquers and I hope they add more shades to the collection because for the price they are especially good! I wore the red shade the other day and it stayed on pretty much all day, and was actually quite hard to get off. When I done the swatches on my arm I found the colours quite tough to remove so they do have stay power!
Thankyou for reading..
Where to find me

















Love Liv xxxx




4 comments:

  1. I feel as if I have been on your blog to comment a load of times, but I don't think I have! I really need to buy some Makeup Revolution products though!

    New follower via Bloglovin' if you can please follow back!
    Rachel x
    http://creativityandcrazy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah thank you! You should try their products, there amazing for the price and I'll be sure to follow you back now! Xx

      Delete
  2. Wow, didn't realise how pigmented they are! Might have to browse the website ;) great post x

    Jadie | www.jadiespillett.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah, yeah the colours are so intense! And thanks!! xx

      Delete