Sunday, 22 December 2013

Christmas Makeup!

Hey guys! So Christmas is quickly approaching and if you are anything like me then you won't be very organised! However, one thing I do know is what makeup look I am going to be doing on Christmas. I thought I would share with you the look I am doing because I'm completely in love with it. It's not too out there, it's just an ultra brown shimmered smokey eye with a dark lip although you could alternate with lip colours.

To begin, I primed my skin using the Smashbox photo finish primer. Mine is from the trial set however it is really good so I'm definitely planning on buying this once it's used up.
Then it was onto foundation. The one I used is new for me as I only bought it a few days ago but I was wanting a foundation specifically for Christmas. For me, Christmas is one of the few times of year where many pictures are taken therefore I wanted my skin to look quite perfect and not too dewy or it will look shiny on photos. So I bought Revlon Photoready foundation in the shade 004 nude and applied this using a Real Techniques flat foundation brush

Usually, after foundation I would finish off my skin but as the eye makeup tends to have some fall down I decided to go straight onto my eyes.
As a base I used one of the 17 Wild Metallics Eyes eyeshadows in the shade wild bronze which is, a cream based eyeshadow in a golden bronze colour with quite a lot of shimmer. I used a fluffy brush to just apply this to the lid roughly leaving out the very inner corner as I'm going to brighten there. 
Then over the top I used Mac Sable on an Urban Decay flat eyeshadow brush to set the cream shadow so it doesn't crease and also to slightly brighten the colour.
After this, I used a Mac 217 brush to blend the colour and soften the edges. 
To make the look more smokey, I then used darkhorse from my Urban Decay Naked Palette on a Real Techniques Detailer Brush. I would usually use this brush for lips however as I only wanted to take this colour slightly through the socket and down towards the lash line it was perfect to get it precisely in the right place. After pushing it onto the eye, I used my 217 brush again to blend the colours.
To brighten the centre of my eye, I used Mac Woodwinked on the same Urban Decay Flat eyeshadow brush and just pressed this straight onto the centre without blending it out.
Then I'm going to reflect all these colours down onto my bottom lashline using a the pointed brush and blend them all together just to add a smokey effect to the bottom.
Where I left empty before in the very inner corner of my eye, I used Mac Nylon on a slightly pointed brush and just put this in the empty space and brought it down to the tear duct. This colour brightens the eye and makes it looks wider.
Using Mac Blacktrack eyeliner I lined my upper lashline, into the tear duct and also done a slight flick using a small angled brush and also took this down on the bottom waterline.
To finish the eyes, I coated my lashes in Avon Supershock mascara which is a really good mascara if you want the effect of wearing false lashes but without wearing them. You could also add lashes if you wanted to but I prefer not to.

Going back to my skin, next I took my Collection lasting perfection concealer in the lightest shade and done a v shade under the eyes to brighten them up. To blend this in I used the Real Techniques Miracle complexion sponge
Then I used my HD Brows set in vamp and took the two bottom shades on the small angled brush and ran them through my brows to define them.
Next I went to my Sleek face palette and using the brown colour I sucked in my cheeks and applied this to the hollows to contour. Then used the blush on the apples of my cheeks and the light colour on the tops of my cheek bones to highlight. For all of this I used a Real Techniques Contour Brush.

To complete the whole look I used Mac Hang up on my lips which is a really dark plum colour and then a Ted Baker lipgloss which I'm not sure of the shade as it doesn't say but any dark red/pink lipgloss would work and I just applied this to the centre to give my lips a slight more pouted effect. 




This is the finished makeup look. As I said at the beginning, this is definitely going to be the look I do for Christmas as it's just really pretty and shimmery for the festive season!
Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!
I hope you have enjoyed this blog post and found it quite helpful for what makeup look you are going to do for Christmas or even just for around the season. Of course, you don't have to do the complete look, you could just take certain parts from it to try out. If you do happen to try this look then post a picture on twitter or instagram with the #UrbanChristmasLook and tag me in it(my links are below) and ill be sure to see them! 
Thankyou for reading 
Byeeeee


Where to find me






















Love Liv xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment