Wednesday, 24 July 2013

Summer/Holiday Haul

Hey Guys!! So.. This weeks blog is going to be a summer/ holiday haul as last week I went to town and ended up splurging on quite a few new bits! 

Before I even went to town I went online to New Looks website as they were having a sale and ordered two playsuits and threw items of jewellery!

The first thing I ordered was a playsuit from the 18 & east brand. I believe it was around £27 but it had been reduced to £9, bargain! The top is quite fitted but the bottom part is more like a skirt rather than shorts. It also has a black collar on which is quite a contrast to the pale purple dainty flower print however they go together well! 

Next I ordered another playsuit. I'm not sure which brand this was from but it was £22 reduced to £10. This one is an aztec print playsuit but the top is lace. I ordered this one because I thought it would be perfect to throw on for around the pool because its easy to get in and off and it's also really light and airy. 

Then I ordered 3 items of jewellery.. One item was a bracelet that had peace signs that went down to the hand and then had a ring, a other was earrings however one is a heart with an attached cuff and the other was just a plain stud and the last item was a gold leaf detailed headband. 


Once in town, the first place I went to primark firstly. In there I got 3 clothing items, 3 jewellery items and some socks! 

Firstly, I walked in and saw LOADS of dungarees and seens though I have wanted some for ages I ended up picking up light wash denim ones for £12! They are almost the exact same as the topshop ones but for a lot cheaper! 

Then I picked up a skirt. It's in a really bright coral colour and is textured. I love the skater style skirts so I couldn't resist and the colour is so summery! They also had it in a few other colours but I just picked up one but I may be going back as they were only £8 I think.. It may of been cheaper but I don't have the receipt to check! I don't have a picture of it as it's on the wash but if you follow me on twitter (@urbancandyx) I will tweet a picture when it's out!

I also picked up a top. I thought because it was quite baggy and really thin and light that it would be perfect to just wear around the pool because it covers my shoulders too which is wear normally burns on me! I also love the detail on this top.. It said it was called 'peacock style' but I would say it's more like a necklace print but it's so pretty and really colourful. 

Then I picked up 3 different packs of rings. One pack had 4 midi rings, two gold coloured and two silver. The second pack were 6 normal rings that you can either stack up of mix and match to style them differently. The last pack was 3 cross rings but they are all attached by chain so you stack them on one finger.

Finally, I bought a pack of 5 socks. They are all light colours, There's a light grey, blue, turquoise, purple and white! The reason I wanted to get them is because they're not only light and summery, they also have a pretty frill along the top so they go perfectly with converse!

Next shop I went into was river island. In here they was having a huge sale so again I saved quite a lot of money! After buying quite a lot of jewellery, I decided to buy 3 clothing items instead of looking at jewellery! 

Firstly I picked up a white summer dress. This was reduced from £22 to £10 but even if it wasn't on sale I would of bought it. It goes just above the knee and the top half has small circle cut outs with a flowers embroided print. It just a really pretty dress! 

Then I also bought a spotted texture skater skirt.. Yes, another one because I love them! This was meant to be £18 I think but it was only £10! It's quite similar to the other skirt I bought however this one is white with black polka dots on. 

Lastly, I picked up a black rolled up sleeve crop top. I'd been wanting one for a while but I hadn't had a chance to get one as the river island closest to me had been shut. It had gone down from £10 to £5! 

The final shop I went into was internacionale! In here I picked up 2 final clothing items!!

Firstly I saw a grey dip hem skirt which was almost identical to the topshop speckle dip hem skirt but this was only £12 and the topshop one was £22. I literally love this skirt because it can be dressed up and look quite glamorous but it can also be worn with a plain top and converse for just a casual day to day look. Another thing I like to do is to twist the skirt around so the dip he, is on the side and them gather it and tie it into a knot then I like to wear it with my river island crop top tucked in.. I've saw quite a few skirts to buy like this but instead of buying another skirt it was a lot easier to just tie it myself then I have a skirt I can wear 2 ways! 


To finish off on all my shopping I bought marroon shorts that were in the sale and only cost £4!! They have a black elasticated waist band and two gold zips on the front. They're quite simple but they look really cute and I will definitely be taking them away with me!! 


So.. That's my quite big holiday/summer clothes splurge! I hope you've enjoyed reading and having a little nose into most of my summer wardrobe now! Also don't forget to follow my twitter @urbancandyx if you have may suggestions or comments for either a video or new blog post. Thank you again for reading! Byeeeeeeee


Twitter: @urbandcandyx



No comments:

Post a Comment