Sunday, 12 May 2013

My Daily Makeup Routine

So.. For my first proper blog I thought it would make sense to post my daily makeup routine. I wear this makeup everyday for school and I'm not meant to wear makeup so it is quite subtle but I wouldn't leave the house without it! I'll leave places where you can get these items at the end if you find it hard to find these products!! So I'll begin... 


Before applying any makeup, I first moisturise with my Nivea, pure and natural. This is great for dry skin but I wouldn't recommend it for oily as it does leave your face a little oily afterwards. It smells great too! I leave it for a few minutes to soak in before applying foundation.

For foundation I previously used MAC, studio moisture tint as it just added a hint of colour and made my skin an even complexion instead of having any red blodges. However, I recently purchased the Rimmel London, match perfection foundation. It has great coverage but doesn't look to cakey. It also leaves your skin quite dewy which is great for a natural look! I bought mine in shade 103 which was the second lightest in the shop and it is perfect for my skin tone. To apply my foundation I use the Real Techniques, buffing brush which is great for blending with. 


After foundation, I sometimes use Benefit, Boi-ing for concealing any spots but I don't use it everyday. Mine is shade 2 but it is a slight bit dark for me so I would of been better with the lighter one however with a bit of blending it works fine. I just use my fingers to blend it in to the foundation.

To contour I use Rimmel London, sun shimmer bronzing compact powder. I use the Real Techniques, contour brush and apply a small amount to the brush. I work it into the hollows of my cheeks applying more if needed and then blend it out through my temple and across the bridge of my nose. Then I use Benefit, coralista for blush(as you can see, i need a new one!)I apply it to the apples of my cheeks using the same brush and blend the two together.

Once I've finished my face makeup I do my eyebrows. I use a dark brown out of a small Gosh, brow kit set. It is similar to MAC, brun which I will be purchasing once I've used my set. I prefer to use a powder for my eyebrows as it looks a lot more natural and the good thing about the gosh set is, it comes with a small brush and a small wax which I apply first if I want darker eyebrows. 

Then I apply Benefit, bad gal mascara. I apply a few coats so my eyelashes look thick and full. This mascara doesn't make your lashes clumpy but it still makes them look full and long. I also then use Benefit, bad gal liner along my waterline to finish off my eyes

Finally, I use Rimmel London, stay matte powder, in the shade 004, to stop my face from becoming shiny and it also helps keep my makeup on all day. I only use a small amount on the brush I used for bronzer and blush(I clean it first) and apply it to my t-zone: nose, chin and forehead. This is honestly, the best powder I've ever used! It stops your face from going shiny all day and looks great in pictures.




Most of these products can be found in any drugstores. I got mine from either Superdrug or Boots and nothing was more than £10. The only products that aren't from there are the benefit products and MAC which are from Debenhams and MAC. These were a little more pricey but they are worth the money! The real techniques brushes I got from Boots, mine were in a set that cost around £20 for 4 and are definitely worth the money!! 

Thanks for reading, if you have any questions or requests then leave them below and I will answer. I hope this blog has came in useful! 

No comments:

Post a Comment